Wednesday, November 3, 2010

not skipping out


Currently listening to Elton John

Today was awesome I got a package from my young adult group which was so sweet. I had been having a pretty discouraging day including not having time to get ready this morning. That may not sound important to all of you but being in a t-shirt and hoodie with tennis shoes and no makeup on is one of the worst feelings in the world for me. Not only was that bad but then I decided after my freezing crazy band practice that I was going to go to dinner with Kristen before I went and practiced contra tonight. The dinner was awesome don't misread into that it was when we got the check it go bad. I reached into my purse only to realize my wallet was not in my purse, awesome right? Not so much, I had to tell the server who got the manager to see if I could just give them the credit card number. Guess what that is against applebees policy but listen to what was not against policy. The manager let me leave and trusted that I would go home and return to pay with not taking my name or holding anything collateral. Apparently I have a trusting face which luckily proved a good theory because I did return for all of you who were wonder. And not only did I pay but I also tipped, thank you very much. And because we returned a payed the manager gave us coupons for free appetizers. Who knew that loosing your wallet and being irresponsible would result in this manager A. trusting me and B. giving me free stuff. Maybe I should loose my wallet more often. Good thing my face reflects my personality???

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha that would happen to you! That's an awesome story though, for sure. And your morals are ten times better than so many of our peers, your mom would be so proud. :)
    And oh my gosh, I know the exact feeling you were describing. I can sometimes rock the no make-up look, but my confidence takes a beating when I do.

    ReplyDelete