Saturday, November 6, 2010

soul cravings


currently listening to listen to your heart

So today was a day full of marching band. I went to guard this morning at 8:00am arrived late due to a uniform fiasco and was with the marching band till 7. Fiasco being my uni-tard broke and had to be safety pinned together, welcome to my life. It was military emphasis and we did a special half time show complete with a performance of God Bless the USA by Chucky B. I will admit I totally cried during that and the armed forces medley. I think that patriotism is something that can strike that sort of emotion in anyone. As I was walking off the field I had tear streaming down my freezing face. This would be because it was bitter cold all day today and I had to wear, Guess what? A guard uniform brrrr. I also got my jacket today from high peak after finding my old one last night.I am sad you can not take back an embroidered jacket, I am pretty sure not to many people have the same name as me or would want a colorguard wind suit jacket lol. Then I rushed home quickly prepared dinner, tided up any messes in the apartment, shower, and had some friends over to study.


Have you ever wanted something so bad that you convince yourself that there are no negatives in what you want? I am reading this awesome book called soul cravings and it has made me realize some things. A I have realized that not everything we think is of God is of God. B guys are mean except your father, and C that it is easy to convince yourself something is right even when it's not. Which brings me to what this book is doing for me. It is teaching me to chill out. I realized that I often give awesome advice to friends but I don't ever follow it myself. Just like last night I was talking to a friend and I gave them advice to just not worry about a relationship just let whatever happens happens don't close your mind to something happening but don't force whats not there. I really hope that as I keep reading this book I find a solution to this problem of mine. I feel like my brain and heart are running 1,000 miles in the opposite direction because my brain is saying run away from hurt and my heart is saying run into love. Which one do I listen to, I sure wish it was as easy as a DHT song.

Today was definitely an awesome day all together and I can't wait for what this week has in store A.K.A studying for my sophomore hearing some more. Than this weekend I am going to Coastal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment