Monday, November 1, 2010

like a bright star in heaven that lights our way home like the flower that shattered the stone

Currently listening to Olivia Newton John

Today was alright I woke up early to do what I thought would be easy homework....wrong....this junk took me a whole hour :( I just wish I was better at music theory. Anyway, tonight I get to register for classes. I am so excited to get my junior year finished. Next year I will be a senior status!!!! Even though just like many people at Liberty I will be here for an extra year. It was nice to go back today to school and feel refreshed, like I had a break, even though a weekend home is just never long enough. I realized that break is only 18 classes away!!!! I can't wait to go home for a few weeks and see my family for the holidays. I am just fighting with the idea of marching band going into post season play. As you all know just thinking about my last game brings me to tears. Well, I have prepared myself emotionally for the 20th to be my last game ever. This has been a process emotionally for sure, that is why I am worried about post season. I am preparing myself for that last game the 20th and for it to feel like my heart is being ripped out at the end of that game. It would just be a tease for my heart to go post season it would be like dragging out the pain because then I won't actually know when my last game is. I feel like leaving guard for me is a lot like a breakup in a relationship it is going to take time for me to heal. I also hope this is one of those breakups were you can still be friends lol I hope that I can still pick up a flag and write or just have fun. I need to keep guard in my life in anyway I can.


Flower that Shattered the Stone

The Earth is our mother just turning around
With her trees in the forest and roots underground
Our father above us who's sigh is the wind
Paint us a rainbow without any end

As the river runs freely the mountain does rise
Let me touch with my fingers and see with my eyes
In the hearts of the children of pure love still roams
Like a bright star in heaven that lights our way home
Like the flower that shattered the stone

Sparrows find freedom beholding the sun
In the engine and beauty were all joined in one
I reach out before me and look to the sky
Then I hear someone whisper its something pass by

As the river runs freely the mountain does rise
Let me touch with my fingers and see with my eyes
In the hearts of the children of pure love still roams
Like a bright star in heaven that lights our way home
Like the flower that shattered the stone
Like a bright star in heaven that lights our way home
Like the flower that shattered the stone


I always love to listen to this Olivia Newton John's lullaby album. My mom used to sing these lullabies to me when I was born and throughout my whole life. Still when I can't sleep I will turn on this soundtrack and just lay there. It is one of my comforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment