Saturday, October 16, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things




Listening to cold play SPARKS and by the end of this Bo Burnham

So Roanoke was most definitely a successful trip. I am back now sitting on my couch watching wedding crashers and doing research on Britney Spears for Halloween :) My friends and I are being the phases of Britney for Halloween and I being the freak made a power point time line of her life's ups and downs. Wish you all could see it it's epic!!!! Today I had a revelation I LOVE DOWNTOWN. Dowtown Asheville, dowtown Roanoke, downtown Lynchburg, down town Columbus, actually just downtown anywhere. I love the old brick buildings, coffee shops, hippies, and boutiques. Today Ashley and I went exploring in Roanoke instead of going strait to the mall, which was one of the best decisions of the day apart from our hello kitty purchases. While downtown we went to a farmers market and just walked around looking at old building, taking pictures, and going to little shops. This is happiness for me just walking around in a place were no one knows you, being able to be free and artsy. Speaking of free it is an awesome thing to do when you have no money because guess what? there is not to much to buy in downtown boutiques that I can afford lol such as the upholstery umbrella that we found and fell in love with at the most adorable shop ever!!! So whenever I have a bad day I will go to my bit of happiness ,Downtown, because no matter were I go in life or what happens there will always be downtown!!! Which leads me to my top 10 things inspired by my friends Ashleys blog!!!!


10 favorite things

#1 Downtown

From what I just wrote I am sure you can only guess that this would be on my top 10 Downtown anywhere but specifically Asheville I love the indie, eclectic, and artsy feel when I am in the city!!

#2 Tie Dye

Tie dye makes my life it is my favorite thing to wear and my favorite to decorate in. What is more exciting and joyful that a massive splash of color!!

#3 Over the Knee Boots

Ever since I saw the Devil Wears Prada when it came out I have been on the hunt of over the knee boots. Well luckily for this shopaholic this season they are in and affordable!!! I found these amazing sued over the knees at Kohls and more exciting they were on sale and I had the ever so amazing Kohls Cash. They are my favorite shoe and I would wear them everyday if I did not get weird looks.

#4 The Beatles
I love every kind of music but there is nothing that I enjoy more in this world musically than a good Beatles song. This picture is of the epic Beatles artwork that I have in my room!!!! Play me some Yellow Submarine or Penny Lane and my heart is content!!!


#5 Home made salted cinnamon vanilla hot cocoa

I love to cook everything but one thing that I am loving this fall so far is salted cinnamon vanilla hot cocoa. I have a full proof stove top recipe that takes me a total of 3 minutes to make and then enjoy mmmmmmmm

#6 Hey,
it's ok


Recently I have really been enjoying a good GLAMOUR magazine and I have to say the most awesome thing in them is the Hey, it's OK page. It's nice to read things like hey it's ok to really enjoy crying at the movies, as in, sobbing or Hey it's ok to to pretend to text message to get out of talking with that hyper-chatty person standing next to you. It’s called communi-faking, and we all do it. So in my mind Hey it's OK is ok with me. It's so ok that it's ok to frame and hang every one of them in my room!!! lol

#7 Moroccan oil


I splurged on this product at the begining of the summer and there has not been a day that I have regretted that purchase. Moroccan oil has done wonders to my hair. It provides you with moisture and shine but without that normal greasy shine or oily look.

#8 Musical Theater

So any of you who know me were expecting this one to come up eventually. I know this is super vauge but I LOVE MUSIC THEATER I love to listen to it, perform it, watch it, and just be around it. It is ,no pun intended on sound of music, definitely one of my favorite things!!!!

#9 Friends and Family

Where would anyone be in life without their friends and family they have done more for me than anyone else in this world. My grandparents inspire me to be a better person, my friends uplift me in times of trouble, and my parents encourage me to succeed.

#10 the feeling you get around your crush

Well number 10 was the hardest one to think of but there is no better/more uncomfortable feeling than being around your crush. Flirting, sitting near them in class, talking or texting them. Although with most of our luck lets face it they are usually taken, to close of a friend, or just not interested. I think every girl in the world can agree there is nothing better than having a crush to fill your time that is why as girls we are always crushing on some guy until we meet our prince charming :)


So these are my 10 favorite things I hope you enjoy and are inspired to share yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment